About Us

School History

Grover School opened its doors in 1886 as Grover High School. In 1906, a new school was built to replace the old academy. The school received accreditation in 1924 and was remodeled in 1928 and additions were made in the 1930's and 1950's.

In 1960 high school students were sent to the new Kings Mountain High which left Grover with grades one through eight.

In 1974 middle grade students were transferred to Kings Mountain Junior High which made Grover an elementary school.